Sunday, December 8, 2013

Trouble with the Curve


I recently rented Trouble with the Curve at RedBox to watch with my family. I saw trailers for the movie and was anxious to see it. I thought it was a good movie. Trouble with the Curve was directed by Robert Lorenz and stars Clint Eastwood and Amy Adams. Trouble with the Curve is a sports drama that tells the story of Gus (Eastwood) who is one of the best baseball scouts around, however, his age is beginning to affect his eyesight. He refuses to sit out on the season, so when his daughter, Mickey (Adams), hears of this she sacrifices her own career to save his by helping him scout. I liked this film, there was a great cast, and I liked the story line. I thought it was a good father and daughter story. The two have been disconnected for a long time because they are both workaholics. Gus gives everything to scouting for baseball and Mickey works at a law firm continually trying to get herself to the next level working to become a partner. They then begin to reconnect by their love for the game. When Mickey was younger, Gus would always take her along when he would scout, so Mickey has an eye for the game as well. If you like sports dramas, I recommend this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment