Sunday, December 8, 2013

Thank You Leeper!


(Referenced from Prof. Leeper's profile shot on HU site)
Program: Photoshop | Approx Time: 1.5Hrs.

Thank you Professor Leeper for teaching DM101 and making it one of my favorite classes. It has been a fun and enjoyable class to watch clips, hear an informative lecture, and learn some origins of animation. It was interesting to see what all the rest of the world has accomplished in digital media. I probably never would have known or discovered the "Canadian Film Board" and their amazing montage of works. I have a much better appreciation for the smaller films done by independents and low budget companies just starting out. The readings were not all that bad compared to other classes. I took some pleasure in reading "Telling the Truth". It somewhat opened my mind to newer ways of thinking, mainly ways of thinking about the Bible. For example, Abraham and Sarah were told by an angel that at their age, they were going to have a son. It talks about how they laughed at the thought of this being impossible. God told them to name the child Isaac, which in Hebrew means laugher (pg. 53).

I can not wait to have you teach another one of my DMA classes in future years to come and get some hands on learning with stop motion. I feel privileged to be learning under someone who has worked for a company like Dreamworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment