Sunday, December 8, 2013

▲Breaking Bad // ATMOSPHERE BLOG #3▲

▲Breaking Bad // ATMOSPHERE BLOG #3▲

Breaking Bad. Leeper, you don't know what you're talking about. This show is amazing.

So this is the third part of my little atmosphere series. It's also crazy that I haven't blogged about Breaking Bad yet, because it is my number one favorite show. It has some of the best character development I've ever seen, best plot, most tension and unpredictability in the plot, and probably the most stressful show ever made. This show takes you on a rollercoaster ride of emotion. It is also beautifully shot on 35mm film, with interesting angles and POV shots that always appropriate for the mood of the scenes.

Now let's talk about atmosphere. Out of the four pieces of media I've chosen to inspect the atmosphere of, Breaking Bad seems like the least focused on atmosphere. That is not to say that it isn't atmospheric, but just that the other media I've chosen to talk about is more heavily focused on atmosphere. That being said, it still has an amazing feel to it, and I think it is significant enough to talk about.

Going back to my previous blog, I mentioned Audio and Music as two of the four main determiners of atmosphere. Breaking bad has amazing sound design, with environmental noises playing in to add to the mood of the scene. I really don't want to use examples to prevent spoilers. The music in the show is great too, but they also really know how to use silence as a big tension builder.

Well that's about all I'm blogging about Breaking Bad, because I have one more atmosphere blog to do.  Just watch the show.

~Josiah▲

No comments:

Post a Comment