Sunday, December 8, 2013

Silver Linings Playbook


After seeing Jennifer Lawrence in The Hunger Games, I was excited to see her in Silver Linings Playbook and I was thrilled to see that she won an Oscar for her role in the movie. Silver Linings Playbook was directed by David O’Russell and stars Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence with supporting roles by Julia Stiles, Robert de Niro, Chris Tucker, and Jacki Weaver. I was excited to see this movie bot only because of the excellent cast, but also the story. Silver Linings Playbook tells the story of Pat Solitano (Cooper) who moves back in with his parents after being in a mental institution because of his wife’s affair. Pat meets Tiffany (Lawrence) who also has struggles of her own, her and Pat connect and he seeks her help in order to win back his ex-wife. I loved this movie. I thought it was very well done and the acting was great. I liked how the director draw on personal experience when creating the story and I think it made the movie that much greater. Although the film didn’t win, I was still glad to see that the movie was nominated for an Academy Award. I recommend this movie for anyone who hasn’t seen it!

No comments:

Post a Comment