Sunday, December 8, 2013

Seven Brides For Seven Brothers

   I've always loved going to school productions of various plays and musicals in high school, but man is college different. Now when I say different, I mean REALLY different. The performances, the singing, the sets, nearly everything. One last reason though, Sam and Sean were the bomb.
   I had no idea that such a play existed until Huntington University put it on. Going in to the play I knew nothing except for the fact that it took place approximately one hundred years ago and two fellow DMA majors were involved. As soon as it started however, I wished I had known about this play. Everything came together so well! There wasn't a single performance that was lackluster, here's lookin at you, Sam and Sean. On top of that, the singing job was phenomenal. I could hear every part as each song joyfully went along. There wasn't an ounce of confidence, but rather a pound! No musical is a musical without a set though. This set was something I hadn't seen before at high school performances, I'm focusing on the sheet sets. Each one was outstanding, whether it be the vast mountains of Oregon or the cozy barn. It actually took me a couple of scenes to even realize, but that's what's so grand about it. The colors were so varied, yet never less than gorgeous. Everything was just professional.
   It's amazing ingredients such as these that make a great production, and I'm happy to say that this year HU nailed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment