Sunday, December 8, 2013

List

My list of Top Movies and Television shows I enjoy




Les Miserables- Displays great emotion, composition, and storyline. It is a tragic film that is very enlightening and appeals to the sympathetic side of humanity. I cry throughout the entire movie and I am not afraid to admit it! Why? Because the filmmakers performed a splendid job at capturing the human experience in a dark, edgy film.

Vampire Diaries- By far my favorite television series. Vampire Diaries features several complexities in story line and contains relatable characters. The series contains several variables that had the possibility of messing up but it surpassed all of them!! First and foremost the series was based on series of novels and the television series far surpassed the books (and I read them all!) This series is one of the elements that influenced me to enter into filmmaking. I love film and I love books and I wanted to adapt novels into films and seeing this series succeed helped impact me. Also the idea that one actress can pull off two different characters in the same film was really remarkable.





This Means War- Actually at one time I believed this film to be my favorite chick flicks. It had enormous amounts of comedy and excellent performances. The comic aspect itself in which two friends compete for the affection of one female (Reese Witherspoon) by misusing their FBI equipment. If you haven't figured out yet I will tell you ... I am a big fan of story line. If their is an issue with the story line I probably won't like the film.





Big Brother- My FAVORITE reality show!! Actually it is the only reality show that I like! Seriously though Big Brother is amazing! Why? Because it follows 14 strangers who enter a house and live with each other for 3 months. Within these 3 months the house guests cannot communicate with the outside world that means no technology, tv, phone, internet, books, and so much more! The house guests compete against each other to acquire "power" and elect who gets to leave the house. The nominees then have one week to win competitions to stay in the house and manipulate the other house guests into keeping them around. The best player and typically the winner gets $1 million dollars. The show illustrates competitiveness and invades the privacy of all the house guests. The audience, as well as the house guests, have to "expect the unexpected!"


 
 




Arrow- Another television show that is growing on me. I started watching the first season this weekend and I am already three quarters of the way through the season. The show contains a compelling story and has very strange coincidences. I don't believe in coincidences and this film further implements my beliefs. This series contains excellent subplots and character development which makes me like this show. The fact that the hoity toitty billionaire is getting his hands dirty also makes the film a must see.












Dark Shadows- Okay you HAD to see this coming! Being a Johnny Depp fan I was ecstatic to add this film to my List. It is a hysterical parody of the vampire myth. It had a lot of great effects and an intriguing story. The villain, Angelique, even had character development. The audience was able to see the complexities behind her character and realize what motivated her actions-her jealousy. I especially enjoy the comic effects utilized in the film as well as Tim Burtons directing style.






Tangled- This Disney show is my happy film! When ever I feel stressed or sad or just in a mood I always put this movie in! Why? Because it instills hope. It makes me feel happy watching a girl achieve her dreams and reach a happy ending regardless of the fact that she has been sheltered and hidden away. Despite her circumstances she finds happiness. I love the fact that Flyn Rider has such a great personality and adds comic relief! The fact that the film contains songs makes it even better!!!







So that is my list of movies and films that I would take with me everywhere and anywhere! If I was stranded on an island with only a limited supply of films these would definitely make the list!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment