Sunday, December 8, 2013

Music Movie

I had an idea earlier this year for a new style of movie or at least a style of movie I haven’t seen before.  I call it the music movie, it is essentially a really long music video with multiple songs, possibly by multiple artists.
             The idea is to film a silent movie and play songs over it to convey the mood and the story to the audience.  There would be no dialogue, spoken or otherwise.  It would not be like an opera where the dialogue itself would be a song, it would be a song basically describing what was happening in the scene.  It would be a group of montages that all are set to different songs and come together to create a story.  The montages would all be part of one continuous movie but the songs would not be continuous.

            I have not see this type of thing done before and I believe that it would be really cool.  It would be original, I’m pretty sure, and it would be fun to watch.  It wouldn’t be a blockbuster thing because I don’t believe that people would want to sit through a two hour movie with no dialogue whatsoever.  Maybe the music alone would be enough to draw them in, but I don’t really care if it made money I would just be interested in seeing how this would play out.  I’m going to try to make a short in this style during J-Term, so look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment