Saturday, December 7, 2013

Leeper's Bible Popsicles


My dad sees our tv viewing as
a magnet drawing us in 
I led my family around on Saturday (during family weekend), showing them the campus and some of the things that I have bee working on. But guess what Professor Leeper? I also took them to see the faculty art in the gallery. Once there, my brother started watching the popsicle plays of Bible stories that you created. They were entertaining. My brothers and sisters already like to watch movies a lot; after watching one they continued on to watch others. Even my dad watched them, though he isn’t a big fan of animation (likes to joke with me about my “obsession” sometimes of watching “cartoons”). He jokingly said that Bible stories should return to this “popsicle drama.” Even in serious stories, a sprinkling of humor is needed, whether it be comments or the voice of the narrator. I’ve noticed that people, thought not all, tend to remember something better if it has some humor (I remembered what a history teacher of mine said for years because the way he taught, thought lecture style, was funny: another was really, really, really, really, REALLY boring – forgot everything in a day). All in all, the popsicle theater was greatly enjoyed. The contrast between 3-D puppets and 2-D drawings created an interesting atmosphere. I personally thought that it was a neat and ingenious idea to have the popsicle puppets flip in order to change emotions in one scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment