Saturday, December 7, 2013

Another Weekend Movie

Jack Frost, main character
and the one that I have
heard most people love

I had another interesting viewing experiences with another of my friends. However, instead of criticizing the character design, this friend had to know everything that was happening, even if it was going to be explained later. This did not bother me as much mainly because I had seen the film several times. The film was The Rise of the Guardians. I loved it but that could mainly be because it amused me, provided suspense, tugged at the heartstrings a little, and (most of all) provided a twist to established stories. I like it when someone provides a story of how fantasy characters came to be and a twist from the common idea of what they are like. The style of animation was amazing and fit well with the story, the characters being more angular, with definite thought put into conveying the occupation, personality, and attitude of each character. However, I realized that twists on established characters are not everyone’s cup of tea. Another person in the room was confused with both Santa’s (Russian with swords and tattoos) and the Tooth Fairy’s (more fairy like, resembling a bird) appearances. I like to hear others interpretations and twists; it makes me think more, as long as it is thought out well and makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment