Saturday, December 7, 2013

▲I HAD DINNER WITH PES AND YOU DIDN'T▲

▲I HAD DINNER WITH PES AND YOU DIDN'T▲

On Thursday I had the amazing opportunity to air down and have dinner with Adam Pesapane (aka PES) who is an Academy Award nominated animator who has made videos like this:


We sat and talked for more than three hours. I got to pick his brain about his creative process, how he animates and directs videos, his disdain towards commercial businesses, and even his childhood. It was a ton of fun, and he's a really great and funny guy. Talking with him has given me invaluable insight on animating and how the commercial industry works. I will never forget this meeting, because I have been following his work for years and really admire and respect him, so it was crazy to actually meet him and ask all the questions I've had.

Also on Friday he showed almost all his films in succession at the Wexner Center which is an art gallery I interned for. Afterwards he had a Q&A, and then showed a new short film he made which only a few other people have ever seen. All in all it was an amazing experience that I will always remember.

PS: This is me next to Adam.

~Josiah▲


No comments:

Post a Comment