Sunday, December 8, 2013

He was the only man I ever killed worth remembering.

So, I watched Gangs of New York yesterday. It was quite magical. 
I would like to take a few moments to comment on some things.
1) If I were the head of a gang and needed a fake eye, I would totes get one with a cool design on it like Bill Cutting. It makes him that much more terrifying, because he isn't hiding the fact that it isn't a real eye. It is also impressive that he can battle so well with but one eye (perception, man).

2) About 20minutes in, when Amsterdam and Johnny were chatting, I found it frustrating that Amsterdam had his little hobo bag over his shoulder, but when the camera angle changed to over Amsterdam's shoulder to show Johnny's face he had the darned bag under his arm. And that wasn't for just one shot. It was each time in that scene when the angle switched. So that was a sad time.
3) I appreciate the fact that the gangs all had a certain uniform going on. And it wasn't just some crappy clothes, these fellas went all fancy with top-hats and those waist-band things. Not to mention that shade of blue they chose. Nicely done, Natives.

No comments:

Post a Comment