Sunday, December 8, 2013

Because the Internet

So music is media and I love music. A lot. Childish Gambino is an artist who makes rap music, and I have never listened to him before this new album he hasn't released yet. It comes out on December 10th and I’ve listened to the album in its entirety and I really like it. It has a lot of deep bass electronic tones to it and that is one way to get me invested into album, but a more surefire way to do that is to throw jazz into there. And luckily Childish Gambino took some lessons from Kendrick Lamar and threw some of that in his new album. If cursing and rap music doesn't bother you, I would definitely recommend this album, its called, Because the Internet and its pure gold. My favorite track on the album is “The Worst Guys (feat. Chance the Ripper)” its very good. I also like “Crawl”, Crawl is available for purchase today. Telegraph Ave. and Shadows are other songs on the album that have some of those jazzy undertones which is just purely beautiful. Jazz in rap songs is a hard challenge to the artists because they are just two opposites, but when they are together… its the perfect combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment