Sunday, December 8, 2013

(500) Days of Summer


I recently watched the film (500) Days of Summer and the only reason I watched it was because I had heard from friends that it was good. I’m glad I ended up watching the movie. (500) Days of Summer was directed by Marc Webb and stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel. The film tells the story of Tom who works at a greeting card company and when a girl named Summer walks in, he believes it’s love at first sight. However, Tom discovers that she doesn’t believe in having relationships or boyfriends. Despite her beliefs, Tom and Summer become more than friends, but when it comes down to their relationship, Summer’s beliefs ultimately get in the way. I enjoyed this movie and I thought the cast and storyline were good. Most romantic comedies are so predictable, so it was nice to see a different kind of romantic comedy. The story was truer to real life. I saw trailers for this film before I saw it and couldn’t care less if I saw it or not. I was glad I eventually ended up watching it. I thought it was a good film. If you haven’t seen the movie, I recommend it because it’s a different film from other romantic comedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment