Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

So, I went to the opening of Seven Brides and Seven Brothers last Thursday night, and I had never even heard of this musical before, so I was quite interested. And I have to say that it was very much worth my time because I absolutely loved it!
 


The story is about a backwoodsman named Adam Pontipee who goes to town in search of a wife. He and a girl named Milly agree to marry even though they had met only hours ago. Upon returning to Adam’s cabin in the mountains, Milly is shocked to learn that her husband is one of seven brothers that all live in the same house. The misbehaved, rowdy brothers eventually learn manners and how to treat ladies through Milly’s teachings. And it doesn’t take long before the brothers want wives of their own (of which they kidnap later on).

The kidnapping scene in the musical had me smiling the entire time! I loved how each technique of kidnapping was different for each brother. Another part I really enjoyed was when the girls ran off and both the brothers and townsmen are running around trying to catch them. The musical was hilarious, fun, and even had its own emotional parts. The set was also beautifully designed. Oh, and Sam and Sean’s dancing was fabulous! I loved their reactions when Milly tried to teach them how to dance. Now, I must go watch the movie version of this musical! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment