Sunday, November 17, 2013

Heima

     So I'm hunkered down on the first floor of my residence hall in order to take shelter from a tornado warning... With my fish in a pitcher.
I love her so much <3

     Anyways, besides the potential danger that approaches Huntington in the moment, I am taking the time to do my homework. Commitment, right?
     So there was one time at Signs & Wonders where we watched Heima, a sort of half documentary, half music filled film about the band Sigur Ross. It was awesome to be able to find out more about the band, but what I found was most unique about this film was the fact that they played some of their full- length songs. It really helped introduce me to the band and learn about them at the same time! I found their music to be really relaxing and somewhat ambient at times. I love the singer's use of high pitches and the way he sometimes just sang notes rather than words. It's so unique from the other bands you see nowadays and I like that a ton. 
     Be safe with the tornado, y'all! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment