Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fantastic Proof of Theater Magic!

Okay so I was going to write a poem comparing the play to the movie and then decided to just rant about how amazing the play was, and since I’m sitting in Hardy’s basement with practically nothing to do, it seemed like an appropriate way to spend this tornado warning.
First off Maggie and Josh were an even more fantastic portrayal of Millie and Adam than Howard Keel and Jane Powell. Maggie played Millie with such spunk that when I watched the movie, I was almost disappointed by the lack of strength in Millie. On top of that, Josh played Adam with a softer side than in the movie. In the play, Josh made his transition apparent but gradual. In the movie, Adam doesn’t really change he just comes back, apologizes, and Millie forgives him. That annoys me.
But onto the thing that everyone is talking about….I mean one person is talking about because only one person has blogged about it so far…. Sean and Sam’s dancing skills…

It was hilarious to watch the scene where Millie teaches their characters how to dance. I thought it was great how Sam made his character always look unsure of which step was next except for the some parts where he was supposed to know what he was doing. You could tell that despite his character, he really knew how to do the dances.  Sean also played his character great! His character wasn’t as confused about everything as Sam’s, but he was funny and danced great. All in all, Sam and Sean did great, and the play was better than the movie. It was so good, I’m going back next weekend and I’m so happy about it! Okay thus ends my rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment