Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Witness


I was very proud of myself that I knew about “It’s a Wonderful Life.” I had just watched it last year, when it came on TV during the Christmas specials. First off, the first thing I realized from the movie was that it was long (especially with commercials)! It was probably the commercials that annoyed me more than the movie because they interrupted just when the movie started going again. Any who, what I really wanted to talk about was the use of the director’s symbolism. I had never made the connection that each little part of the story symbolized something. I just liked the movie. I mean, I can look back on it later to try and figure out why I enjoyed certain clips and why they stay fresh in my mind, but I never once looked for symbolism.
I am not good with noticing the “deep meaning” behind something. When the article kept going on and on about the different biblical symbols in the movie, I was a little annoyed (though some symbols mentioned did clarify some of the movie’s dialogue).  Why can’t a show just be enjoyed? Sure, it is fun sometimes to discuss what was watched but not when the whole is a giant symbol.







The witness is part of the reason I enjoy this clip so much. 

It's his reaction; how would one respond to someone claiming to be an angel? 
 Fear, disbelief, or just avoid to be on the safe side.

No comments:

Post a Comment