Saturday, September 14, 2013

Struck By Lightning


After watching and loving The Perks of Being a Wallflower, I began to see previews for Struck By Lightning. I thought they looked similar, so I watched the movie and enjoyed it too. Struck by Lightning follows Carson Phillips in his senior year in high school. Carson wants to be a writer and has only one school in mind, Northwestern. To try to get in the school of his dreams, he starts a paper at school and blackmails students into writing for it. Carson is chasing after his dreams and gets frustrated when it seems like everyone around him is at a dead end. One of my favorite lines in the film is, “A life without meaning, without drive, without focus, without goals or dreams isn't a life worth living. Life comes at you fast. It runs through your body and tries to escape to be expressed in anyway possible. In a way, it's a lot like lightning.” This movie focuses on Carson being driven towards his future goals and I found myself being about to relate with the movie. I thought the story was excellent, but The Perks of Being a Wallflower leaves you with the “feel good” ending that Struck By Lightning doesn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment