Saturday, September 14, 2013

Friday's Art Gallery

     I attended the Visual/Digital Media Arts gallery on Friday. It was fun to see what my professors were working on as well as see some of the things professors in the Visual arts side were doing as well. I think my favorite pieces were Ballinger's photographs and Leeper's Brother Thomas animatic. No, I'm not being a suck-up, they really were my favorites. I actually got to see the Brother Thomas animatic last year during story board class, and I really dug Leeper's Stained-Glass cartoon style. To be honest I was a bit disappointed to find out he doesn't plan to use said style in the final film, but rather go with making it in stop motion, but that's just my opinion. I don't really know why I liked Ballinger's photos, but I did. I just really like photos of scenery. That being said I liked the photo's of Jackson Hole as well. They remind me of all the trips my parents used to drag me on to the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. I took a few nice pictures out there myself. The sculptures were cool too, the animal teapots were really creative (but I question their practicality) All in all it was cool experience and I'm glad I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment