Thursday, September 19, 2013

Stray K9's

Stray Dogs is my first, full, foreign film I've seen all the way through. A thing I noticed was how the hot weather seemed to build up during the rising action followed by pouring rain shortly before (what I thought was the climactic scene) Sato-san's (veteran officer) shooting. One thing I was wondering throughout the film, whenever Murakami (the main guy) would say, "He's got X number of bullets left in my gun." was: Are there not other bullets he can steal or obtain otherwise? Why would he not make sure he had a sufficient amount of ammo? You would think a war veteran would be prepared.

I enjoyed it when Murakami was searching that room for Yusa trying to keep calm. As soon as Yusa knew it was him you could feel his, "OH CRAP!" moment and the chase commenced. It amazes me how our brains will put ourselves in the shoes of characters we see and somewhat empathize with.

My Overall impression of the film is a good one. I've never really considered watching older movies until Prof. Leeper's intro class. I've always perceived them as boring and too old (long ago) for my generation.

1 comment:

  1. There are a bunch of older films out there that are really great. I think it's really important for us as artists to see what has been done before us so that we can learn and grow from it. Those old films have influenced the next generation just as much as their films now affect us. In this way, it is important for us to look at the past to learn for the future.

    Here is a video I thought you might enjoy:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdoC-5OI2xY

    ReplyDelete