Monday, September 9, 2013

▲Stick it to the Man! (Or woman…I mean come on, it’s 2013)▲





Stick it to the Man! (Or woman…I mean come on, it’s 2013)

School of Rooooooooooooock! Truly Jack Black’s finest role (in my humble opinion). This movie was a lot of fun to watch with people, because it’s just a goofy movie where you can kick back and enjoy. Jack Black is all like “Bwananananakatchawchaboom” and we’re all like “Oh silly Jack.”
          Despite the silliness, I still found some good themes to take away from watching this movie. It tells you to pursue your passions no matter what anyone else says, it teaches you that you can do things your own way, but most importantly, it teaches you to STICK IT TO THE MAN!!! And you know what? I will stick it to the man! PROFESSOR LEEPER, YOU’RE THE MAN AND I’M STICKING IT TO YOU!
          Who are you to say we have to “Watch media and blog about it”?! Who are you to say that we have to sit in your class for an hour and a half two times a week?! Who are you to bum us all out by showing us depressing media? You’re holding us down, man, and I’ve had enough of it! I’m going to stick it to you! I’m gonna grab my guitar and write a face melting ballad that will blow you into oblivion!!!
         
          Oh wait, come to think of it I’ve actually enjoyed this class a lot and need it to get my degree in animation so I can pursue my passion…

          Well Leeper, you get off this time. But once I graduate, I’M GOING TO STICK IT TO YOU! Oh, back to talking about School of Rock…


It was a lot of fun to watch this movie with everyone, because you can nudge each other when there are references that you get, you can turn to your friends and laugh at the ridiculousness and borderline stupidity that Jack performs on screen and you can pledge your allegiance to the band out loud with everyone else. Definitely a delight to see.

~Josiah



No comments:

Post a Comment