Sunday, September 8, 2013

2 Cool 4 Me

So tonight I watched school of rock for the first time. It was a very entertaining movie, and as a good music movie should, it really made me appreciate rock n roll. I smiled as I watched them jamming out and just having a good time during the end credits.
Play without me. I don't care

Then the smile faded. I thought about how I would never be able to jam like that. I’m not a musician. Where were the security kids and roadies during the end credits jam session? Probably bored out of their minds at home wallowing in their useless talents. The guitarist and drummer could have fun with the group every day, but those other guys would only get invited for gigs maybe a few times a month.





But I guess that’s one of the themes of the movie. Everyone can’t be good at everything. Besides, those other jobs are just as important, even if they seem less glamorous or entertaining. You have to be content with the talents God gave you and the work He called you to do. So in my case, I have to focus more on what I can do and accept that I’ll probably never be in a jam session, or breakdance, or rap. And that’s ok.  

this isn't just for the extra credit i swear 

No comments:

Post a Comment