Saturday, September 7, 2013

Onwards, To Tamriel

     I assume these blogs can include video games, I mean, it IS a huge part of the Animation field. lol
     So due to my love of RPGs I will talk about The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. The fifth installment of  the TES series. Millions of fangirls and fanboys squeed at the announcement of this game. I was one of them. Nearly every gamer I run into has at least heard of Skyrim or the series. So you can read through this as a fellow player or even if you're just curious about it. These are just my personal opinions and statements.


     I have been playing the Xbox360 version for over a year now and I can say I was not disappointed for the most part. I mean, there's obviously glitches. Actually, a rather large amount of them. People and horses flying into the sky for no apparent reason, graphics not loading completely (ex. invisible water, horribly un-rendered blob dragons that look like clay), loading screens freezing and making you restart your system, and the list goes on and on. Literally. On and on. I'm not sure how they let so many glitches slide past testing, but all that aside, the story is pretty stable and the open-ended gameplay is enormously fun. And the PC version has some epic mods that I wish were for the console versions. But anyway.
     The graphics on the console versions are a bit worse than the PC version, which is to be expected and doesn't bother me a ton. Actually, I think the graphics are beautiful either way, when they load correctly that is. I mean, compared to earlier entries in the series, nobody should complain. lol
     I also want to add that character customization (to me) is what hugely influences me when looking at games. This game definitely offers that and the much updated looks of the Khajiit and Argonian races are a happy sight. There's also that awesome time when you realize you can basically do whatever you want. There is a storyline of sorts to follow; multiple branches and basically be a hero or a villain to put it narrowly. The edition of living dragons is nice too. I won't go into too much detail about the storyline here, I think I've written too much already. lol
     But I think all gamers should give Skyrim a chance. I'm always curious to hear what other people have to say about this game. It's not a necessity to play the first four in the series. Like they say, it's better to come to the party late than never to come at all.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment