Monday, September 16, 2013

Drunken Angel

Thursday night I saw the movie Drunken Angel for the first time. I'm not a huge fan of old black-and-white movies but this one was all right. One thing I like about the movie was a relationship between Toshiro and the doctor. It struck me funny to see at the end of about every encounter the two had, it would end with Toshiro trying to strangle the doctor to death followed by the doctor throwing everything he could get his hands on, at the TB patient as he left (that is everything except the alcohol). When they met up again it was like water under the bridge and all was well, until when it was time to leave again and then they let each other have it. I remember thinking to myself, how can the doctors stay in business when most of his product is literally being "thrown away" shattering against the wall. When the movie was over there was a group discussion on the movie, just like we do in class. I found it interesting of all the symbolism that was used that the group had brought to light, stuff I didn't catch the first time around. Drunken Angel turned out to be a really good movie and I'm glad I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment