Sunday, September 15, 2013

Art Gallery Showing

I went to the art gallery on Friday evening to see the art of the faculty from the Visual Arts and DMA department. And I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it! It was fascinating to see the art that my professors created and seeing different types of art such as sculptures and photographs.

My favorite photographs were taken by Professor Hopper. The photos of the scenery and nature really stuck out to me and I thought just how beautiful God's creation really is - nature is His artist's canvas. I was mesmerized by the quality and pictures of Hopper's photographs. (despite photography not being one that I would choose for myself)

Another style of art that I enjoyed looking at were Professor Coffman's sculptures. I fell utterly in love with the teapots that she made! They were gorgeous and beautiful to look at. I also enjoyed the collaboration between Professor Ballinger and Coffman with the sculpture of the elephant.

One of my favorite drawings was of Professor Ballinger's "My daughter's alien". I found it so adorable and cute that he transformed his daughter's drawings into a 3D picture (and the fact that he brought the alien to life!).

Lastly, I really loved looking at Professor Leeper's art. His storyboard of "The Creation" was beautiful and breathtaking. I also loved his "Sunday Sketches" is was really fascinating to see the movement and gestures in his drawings. Furthermore, I am excited to see how "Brother Thomas" will turn out!

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the different mediums of art all come together in one place. It was very nice to see all the different styles and outlets of art created by the faculty and if you did not get to go see it then you missed out because it was utterly beautiful and enchanting to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment