Sunday, September 15, 2013

It's a Wonderful Life Indeed

Today in class we discussed Geoffrey Hill's take on It's a Wonderful Life in the segment "Saint George and the Dragon". It was interesting to read about all the Biblical parallels throughout the movie. One being Mary representing Saint Mary - the mother of Jesus.
Moreover, as I watched the movie, I never really thought about all the Biblical parallels but now I can't stop connecting two and two together. And I guess that is a good thing. This film is made with Catholic themes (like good vs. evil and the good prevailing in the end and etc) and at first you don't even realize that they are there! This movie is a prime example that films can be made with Christian themes and motifs and they do not end up like Fireproof. Which I find inspiring and motivating as a (soon to be) animator and storyteller. 

So, if you have not watched It's a Wonderful Life I highly encourage you to do so! Don't worry you do not have to watch it at Christmas time despite what people say. It is a great movie to watch any time of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment