Sunday, September 1, 2013

Andrew Jared

Hey everyone!
My name is Andrew and I'm from Pakistan. I'm a freshman and my major is Film Production. I got interested in Film Production about three years ago in my College (grade 12 and 13, or whatever it's called here) where I took Media Studies. The different theories relating to film and other types of media really captivated me and that's when I got inspired to become a film maker. The practical exercises also helped me to understand the field in depth and gave me a lot of inspiration.
My focus in film making is not just to direct a media product but to influence my own ideas in as many areas as I can because I believe that is the way to make the product your own and it allows you to speak to the audiences more clearly. The word used for such kind of a film maker is Auteur, which is French for Author. I want to be the author of my products and influence the areas in a way so that all the areas aim for, work for, and reach the same result that I want them to.
I like movies that have a strong storyline, great focus on the technicalities, great actors and sometimes unexpected twists in the end. I like films based on the Film Noir and Neo Noir theories. However, I never discriminate between genres of films, I watch them all because I like to analyze films and observe the codes and conventions that set them apart.
I worked on two products in my College. Both related to film production. I also had to make blogs that recorded the whole process and journey behind the films. I am posting links to my blogs and my short film at the end of this post just in case anyone would be interested in them.
I am very excited and looking forward to the DMA program. I hope that it will be a blessing for all of us.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment