Sunday, September 1, 2013

Evan Matteson

   Hello fellow DMA students! I'm Evan Matteson, a freshman, and my major is film production. I have come all the way from Maine to pursue my career. A family friend who happened to be a pastor highly recommended HU, and bam! A visit was scheduled and I loved it, but that doesn't mean there wasn't any other competition. Either way, does it matter? I'm here now!
   I've always loved the magic of films since I was about two, starting with 1997's Anastasia. A classic? No, but I still cherish it. Since then I've come a long way with my five favorite films all being of a different genre. I feel I'm a very well rounded film buff, and because of my fascination with such films, you can see why I chose this profession. In high school I took a film course for two years which finally allowed me to make something of my own. Some were for spanish class, others were based on prompts given by my teacher, but most were what I wanted to see. All last year I worked on a short film revolving around the ridiculousness that is organized crime with a great crew, consisting of my awesome girlfriend and some great friends. It's something I'm proud of, but it's certainly not the best I could have done. I'm sure with the films we view in here, I'll be a wiser cinematographer, director, writer, anything! In fact, I already have learned the "challenge or delight" analyzation. Right there I know that I should stay true to the tone of something I shoot, rather than go for that great joke that really shouldn't be there, one of the issues with my organized crime film. Now, time to analyze! See ya on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment