Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Amazing Spider-man


When I sat down to watch the new Spider-man movie, The Amazing Spider-man, I was skeptical because I enjoyed the previous Spider-man trilogy with Tobey Maguire and hardly any time had passed since the first one was made. The film was directed by Marc Webb. The Amazing Spiderman stars Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. The film is about Peter Parker (Garfield) who is an outcast at high school. He lives with his Uncle Ben (Martin Sheen) and Aunt May (Sally Field) because his parents abandoned him when he was younger. Peter finds some of his dad’s things and looks into them and tries to discover why his parents went missing. Peter unknowingly helps Dr. Connor’s (Rhys Ifans) create a monster, the Lizard, using his dad’s work that he was trying to keep hidden. Peter as Spider-man must stop the Lizard and return peace to the city. I enjoyed the film more than anticipated and I preferred the new Spider-man over the older one. I saw the trailer for The Amazing Spider-man 2 a few days ago and I can’t wait to see the movie in theaters May 2014! If you haven’t seen The Amazing Spider-man yet, I definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment