Sunday, December 8, 2013

Music Videos

First of all I would like to say that I am a huge fan of simple Music videos, that really focus on the music rather than try to distract you from how bad the song probably is (I'm not going to make a Top 40 joke, use your imagination.)  Luckily we have videos Like Johnny Cash's rendition of Hurt.
Not only do we get the amazing vocal performance by Johnny Cash, but we also get a video that compliments the words so well. The visuals do not try to overpower the song with some half-baked effects or distracting camera angles. The producers knew that they had Johnny Cash and that's all they needed. 

And I'm still riding that Johnny Cash train, with the incredible video for "Ain't No Grave" The fact that it is fan created gives incredible weight to the video, not to mention the fact that its playing against a absolutely incredible song.
Another Music Video that I saw on the schedule but was not shown, that I really enjoy is by the White Stripes titled "The Hardest Button to Button" and its a shame that it wasn't shown it is really clever video that was probably a pain to shoot. But I'll let you check it out for yourself. 
      

Finally a video that I had not seen before by The Shins "The Rifle Spiral" This is some great animation. The characters are not super complex but they convey the perfect amount of emotion. This is a case where instead of paying attention to the band, the video is meant to showcase the music. And it does so in such a way that just works so beautifully. 
         

Thanks for reading and I apologize that most of my selections are Johnny Cash, but come on can you blame me.     
    

1 comment: