Sunday, December 8, 2013

Les Miserables


I went to go see Les Miserables in theaters with my mom shortly after the film came out. I hadn’t seen previous versions so I didn’t know what to expect. The only thing I knew about it was that it was a musical, however, I didn’t expect the entire movie to be sung. At first I was kind of annoyed, but the deeper it got into the movie the more I love it. Les Miserables is about a prisoner, Jean Valjean who breaks his parole so he can try to create a new life for himself. The movie takes place in 19th-century France. The film stars Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Russell Crowe, and Eddie Redmayne. I remember hearing reviews about the film and pretty much the whole cast got great reviews, except Russell Crowe. Reviews were saying his singing wasn’t great, while I agree that his singing wasn’t up to par with the other actors, I don’t think it hurt the quality of the film. Anne Hathaway has a smaller role but she, I think, was the one that carried the movie. I was happy to see she won an Oscar for her role. I also thought Jackman, Redmayne, and Seyfried had great performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment