Sunday, December 8, 2013

Brainwash Me Lord

So I needed more blogs and I found this poem I wrote last year, and decided to post it. It kind of goes doesn't go with media, but it has a lot of Biblical analogies in it. =]

Brainwash me Lord and renew my mind
Show me the truth that I just cannot find
Teach me to walk in your ways and be free
From the world’s versions of love and beauty

Capture my heart Lord and make it your own
Love me so that I might be fully known
Help me to listen to all that you say
So it can keep me and I will not stray

Enchant me Lord with your mighty power
Rain grace on me like a fresh spring shower
Know that I am only human but see
I have great potential inside of me

Engrave my heart Lord with your hold name
Free me from all of my guilt and my shame
Fill my life with examples of your love
To show them a glimpse of heaven above

Enslave me Lord and keep me by your side
Strengthen me so I will not run and hid
Save me from the evil clutches of fear
So next time I doubt I’ll know that you’re near

Conquer my will Lord and reign over it
Break me of every sinful habit
Live in my life and be Lord of my life
So I can serve you through troubles and strife

Bless me Lord with the faith of a child
Help me to live a life that’s worth while
Change me completely inside and out
So nothing can shake me not even my doubt



No comments:

Post a Comment