Sunday, December 8, 2013

Mmmm Christmas.

I have an undying love for the stop-motion Christmas classics. I freak out whenever they are on TV (ABC's 25 days of Christmas is the bomb-digity), and once November hits I watch them at least once a week through January. It's a great time.
But my absolute favorite is The Year Without a Santa Claus. Mostly because of the following clip:
Heat Miser and Snow Miser are so awesome. And that song is so clever. I love that they are such opposites, and the lyrics are essentially the same except for not (Mr. 101 & Mr. 10).
I also enjoy that they have Mini-Me's. With fancy hats. And they dance.
I very much appreciate how much time people took in order to make films like this great gem. Stop-motion takes sooo much time (so I hear), and it is super crazy long when a full-ish-length (51 mins) film is being made. And these little puppet fellows have so much going on, I can only imagine how long it took them to make them.
My other favorite would have to be Santa Claus is Comin' to Town. Depending on the day, this one trumps The Year Without a Santa Claus because I love the whole "put one foot in front of the other" sequence. And that penguin, y'all. But then I think about Jessica's useless solo montage, which then makes me think of Sandy's stupid song in Grease (I'm going to throw this nice stationary you gave me into this pool of water and whine about my life through song), and then I get all annoyed and it's a bad time.
So yeah. Christmas movies. They're nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment