Sunday, December 8, 2013

Apple Inc.

OS X 10.9 Mavericks came out on October 22, 2013 and it was completely revolutionary. I remember the keynote like it was yesterday, I really immersed into the keynote. Right after our Intro to Digital Media arts class, I watched it live on my computer. So two months prior to the releases of Mavericks I was keeping up on it every few days or so. And there were a lot of rumors circulating the release, some of the rumors were that they were going to release the operating software when they had their announcement, but I was pretty skeptical of this rumor and there was also a rumor that Mavericks was going to be released for free, which as most of know actually happened. While I was watching the keynote I was extremely excited when they announced that it would be free. I was also astounded that they did that as well. Usually the OS’s are 20 dollars or so. Apple lost out on a lot of money by making this choice, but then I remembered that Apple owns the electronic industry. They know exactly what they are doing and Steve Jobs has paved the way for their success.

No comments:

Post a Comment