Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Capella, the Music of Champions


                A Capella is one of my favorite musical art forms, it takes the sounds of instruments and replaces them with sounds produced from one’s mouth.  Smooth McGroove is a youtube musician that replicates some of the greatest scores from video game history. McGroove uses a method of recording one single track at a time and then compiling them together with a video editing software. Smooth McGroove takes meticulous rehearsals and actually performs the entire range of instruments and sounds by himself.  Here is an example video for your entertainment:

 
  Now wasn’t that exciting? You can see firsthand how hard this form of a capella can be. I have nothing but respect for people who make a capella. It takes meticulously hard work and dedication to create songs of this caliber. It makes me inspired, and someday I would like to try one myself.

1 comment:

  1. This guy's rendition of sonic's ice cap stage made me pee myself out of happiness because it was so fantastic. figuratively, of course

    ReplyDelete