Sunday, December 8, 2013

180 degrees South

180 Degrees south is a movie about adventure. In the 1960's Yvon Chouinard (founder of the company Patagonia) and Doug Tompkins (founder of the company North Face) traveled to Patagonia from California by land. They both participated in the first ascent of the North America Wall with no fixed ropes. This trip was a 6 month trip. The movie 180 degrees south is about Jeff Johnson going on an adventure just like theirs to Patagonia, only this time by boat. The travel by sea and run into some problems with their mast, making them have to go to shore of Rapa Nui (Easter Island). It is during this scene where we hear the quote by Yvon saying "The word adventure has gotten overused. For me, when everything goes wrong, that's when the adventure starts." They get the mast fixed and sail on to Chile. This movie captures them sailing, surfing, climbing, and camping. 


I enjoy adventures and movies like these following people on their adventures. I am intrigued by the outdoorsy stuff like this as well. It kept me entertained, let me see some beautiful landscapes, and taught me a little bit about the different lands. I think if you are looking for a real adventure movie, and like any of those things whatsoever you should watch this movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment