Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Wild POKEMON POST appeared!

So yes, as many of us have encountered a Pokemon game or TV episode, movie, comic, etc in our lives, I feel the need to post about it. Because Pokemon /was/ super awesomely amazing. I only say was because they took it a wee bit too far. JUST MY OPINION. I know it's just a scheme for money and maybe it's Japan's way for paying us back for the war. By making millions of American parents buy bajillions of dollars worth of Pokemon merchandise for their children. BUT I DIGRESS. I love Pokemon, always will, but the originals will always hold the best place in my heart. xD

LET US DIVE INTO THE REALM OF POKEMON ~
Guess I'll start off with Red, Blue, and Yellow versions.
Look at these sexy graphics. I loved seeing the backs of Pokemon and thinking "WTH is this?" then laughing to myself for no apparent reason.

Another thing I loved hated was that Pokeballs could miss. Even on the biggest Pokemon. I mean yeah it made it more realistic, but when you're wasting 1000000 Ultra Balls on a legendary because you only get one Master Ball, it gets frustrating. You can miss even if they are SLEEPING. lol wut?

But at least in Yellow version Pikachu follows you around. That's kinda cute.



Guess I'll say a bit about my favorite generation of Pokemon, Silver, Gold, and Crystal.

 What is this?! It's in color now! Le gasp!
So yes, the addition of color and (starting with Crystal) the option to be a girl character. Crystal also included the animation of Pokemon at the start of a battle.

Another super awesome super cool thing was finding the three legendary dogs randomly in the grass. Just out with my level 8 Chikorita and BAM wild Entei appears.







Now we can go onto Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.
Quite a jump from graphics if I do say so. Super shading and more life-like colors outside of battles as well.

Unlike Ruby and Sapphire, Emerald finally went back to Crystal ways and animated the Pokemon again. Tag-team battles were also a snazzy addition.

They added quite a few more side-story-things to do in these games. From randomly decorating your house you made in a random tree to entering Pokemon contests. 



I'm going to stop there because in all honesty, Emerald was the last version I really enjoyed.
Of course I could go on about Pokemon Coliseum and PokemonXD for Gamecube (which were amazing btw) but maybe that could be saved for a later post.
These are just my opinions. It's not like I hate newer generations, I just think they didn't put a lot of thought into the creation stage of them. I mean, I'd play X and Y if someone bought me a 3DS. I'd always give it a chance. Lmao.

3 comments:

  1. This narrative made me giggle; I love it :3 <3 I never played the games (until sophomore year when I played part of emerald) but I always watched the show and rage quat (past version of quit, yes, it is a word, I made it up) because I just couldn't deal anymore. The pokemon got so lame, may left (I hated her to begin with, misty all the way), and there were fifty bajillion legendaries. Did you ever play pokemon channel? :3 I totally loved that game even though it was super quality *coughbadcough.* My favorite pokemon will always be togepi, and then gulpin was added to my favorites when I played pokemon XD gale of darkness (lol whenever I see XD I think of the emote) because my gulpin was just so cute and squishy! I tend to like pokemon because they're cute and not because of their abilities, and if I were a trainer I'd probably lose all the time because I got the useless pokemon P: Who are your favorites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the show became stupid honestly. I loved the violence in the original series, like when the parents of the Kangaskhan Kid beat him with sticks and threw him out of a helicopter. And they gave Ash eye color now. Right in the childhood! xD
      There are WAAAY too many legendaries. It used to actually mean something to be legendary, now you get one Master Ball to catch, what, 1,210,943,898 legendaries? Lmao, but seriously. They actually had meaning.
      I loved Pokemon channel! It was hilarious. Not much of a storyline but I loved buying stuff on the Squirtle shopping channel then Delibird coming like Santa to deliver it. xDDD
      Yeah, I'd lose Pokemon battles too, I give zero thought to types and abilities. My favorites would have to be Banette and Arcanine (so fluffy). :D

      Delete
    2. auugggh I hate banette xD it's such a butt pokemon to fight! It's ghost/ dark right? or just ghost? regardless, it was nearly invincible against my whole team xD

      Delete