Tuesday, September 10, 2013

What The Wha?


     Alright, I have no idea what made me turn this show on when I was home one day. Not a clue. But I'm glad I did. The Aquabats Super Show is a hilariously random, low budget looking TV show that in a sense reminds me of a Power Ranger parody.
     The main characters, who are called the Aquabats, are second class crime fighters with the most random super powers. These guys were actually a real life ska band (not kidding), then they decided to have their own show and put their own music in it. I can't even describe the mind-blowing weirdness I see in this show. My dad watches it with me actually, and we both get a kick out of it.
     The first season included "It's a Cartoon" shorts in the show in which the team were turned into anime (yes, anime. AND I'M PRETTY SURE CRASH IS A NARUTO RIPOFF *cough* lol) and they went on a random adventure that continued in order of each episode. The second season cut that out (instead turning them into puppets or cartoony things), which saddened me because the anime short was never finished.
     In each episode they also include a fake commercial, such as Zombie Unicorn Plushie, Pudding Belt, and other random hilarious fake things.
     This show is meant purely for enjoyment. Because I'm not even sure there's actually a storyline. Anyway, most episodes can be found on youtube if you don't get the HUB channel. I recommend watching some episodes if you would like some giggle snorts.

     And here's a preview of the anime shorts from the episodes:

No comments:

Post a Comment