Thursday, September 12, 2013

Welcome to the island of misfit toys

I recently watched a movie called The Perks of Being a Wallflower. It is a film that was written and directed by Stephen Chbosky. The story is about this freshmen in high school that has very little if not any friends, that meets a couple of seniors who take them as their own. They become the friends that he never had and always wanted, and it shows ups and downs in their friendship. 

This movie was definitely challenge for me. I usually feel empathy, especially in films, where you can get so engaged, and it definitely allowed that to happen for me. It was very enjoyable and entertaining. It was a film that felt real, and that viewers could connect with. It shows the realism of depression and oppressed memories, and how people cope, and or break down. Also it shows how people like that need people to be there for him. I like it as well because it shows just how much someone could change another's life, just by accepting them and being their friend. I recommend this movie 100%, It has definitely been placed in my top 10 favorite movies, for sure.   Go rent it, buy it, watch it, love it. You won't regret it. I guarantee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment