Saturday, September 14, 2013

Thursday I was lucky enough to see the movie, Drunken Angel. I didn't have any idea what type of movie it would be by the title. When I walked into the movie the first thing I saw was a black movie and I remembering thinking, "Oh no, it's an old one". I think that this movie has not completely taken away my thought s on older film but I will say it was very well written. The story was very solid. I didn't see the ending coming and I loved the symbolism wit the swamp.

What stuck out the most to me was the idea of this drunken man being one of the most caring people. Even though he had his own problems, he was wanting to help everyone. It could just be that he was a doctor, but I think it was more than that. He did more than other doctors. He would go out of his way to treat a patient who did not want his help. I think we can learn form this that everyone has something to give. The doctor had his sin, but so does everyone in the world. It is how we get past our flaws and make a difference. I have my problems, as does everyone, but I am wanting to live for God.

I want to make stuff that can open eyes. I want to find that right balance of making something that people can relate to and take something away from. I want to know how to do this without throwing those nonchristians off the deep end. That is why I am here at Huntington.


No comments:

Post a Comment