Sunday, September 15, 2013

Spinal Tap

     On a scale of one to worthless, this movie is Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus awful. If I were a movie critic, I'd give it negative stars. 


My face when I saw this film. I was so butthurt about my wasted time that I had to make a very quality laptop mouse picture in Paint to describe my emotions.

     Sure, the film had its moments, but it was basically about some idiots in a mediocre band. While this can be funny, I was not amused in the slightest. I actually wanted to do my homework instead of watching it, and I had to walk out after about an hour because I figured it wasn't worth my time to see the rest. 
     There was nothing in the way it was shot, the plot, or the general style (it was a mockumentary) that held my attention for a second and I was on my phone and texting within minutes out of boredom. Never have I ever nodded off during a movie, but I got close in that hour of unbelievable stupidity. I could literally feel my IQ drop as I watched on and on, sitting through minute after minute. If any of y'all have seen the Cheech & Chong movie where they try to smuggle weed out of Mexico by making a weed bus, this movie makes that one look like a five star film. 
     Seriously, don't watch this. I'll probably be laughing at how upset I was about this later, but for the moment the butthurt is pretty extreme and I'm disappointed that I wasted an hour of my time with that rather than doing a whole plethora of other, more productive things.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Karli!

    That was EXACTLY my response the first time I saw the film. Since then I've seen a number of other films by this crew and began to understand how they use humor to dig at the flaws that make us human. In the case of Spinal Tap, lampooning the masoginous rock that shaped my generation is pretty brilliant. Still, I tend to like this stuff in small doses. We take a turn away from irony and into real beauty soon. . .though I am looking forward to Anvil. I may regret it. :)

    Keep being yourself Karli! I wouldn't have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'll keep that in mind if I see another film by that crew, but the turn away from irony will be nice P: What's Anvil about? Is that the Kurosawa film or the one for Sunday?

      I plan on it! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Anvil is a REAL documentary following a has-been Canadian Metal band on one last tour. It looks painfully funny but maybe not your cup of tea. You may want to google the trailer.

    ReplyDelete