Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Read Between the Lines

I really enjoyed re-watching School of Rock. I think it was my first Jack Black film and I loved it so much that I made my dad take me to the theater twice to watch it. After I saw it the first time, I was really interested about the music that was used in the film and started to listen to it. I love how the movie uses music to transition between scenes.

The film poses many good points. "Rock ain't about gettin an A." "One awesome rock show can change the world!" I love how Dewey tells his young students that it's about the music and not selling out just to make money. I think as creatives, that is a really important lesson for all of us. I hope that we can all be just as passionate about film, animation, etc as Dewey is about his music. 

Even though School of Rock isn't the 'best movie,' it has a lot of charm that most films lack. I could tell that all the people involved in the project really put their hearts into it. Sometimes that's what's missing from films now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment