Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Mediocrity

Mediocrity is an interesting state to be in. The video they played in chapel mocks mediocrity by trying to sell a car that is purposefully average. By all accounts, this car is basic and just enough to get you where you need to go.
The point the speaker was trying to make was that no one sets out to make a car that is just enough. Car makers want to give you things that you didn’t even know you needed. They want to make the consumers life easier.
People should be more like real car dealers. No one should set out to live a life of mediocrity. We should live our lives in a way that is always striving for your excellence. Excellence is relative to the person. The speaker pointed out that mediocrity is a matter of the heart. It means doing your best no matter what your best is.

This made me stop and ask myself if I was being mediocre in any area of my life. I can’t decide at the moment, but the speaker also said that being reflective and willing to change is the way to fight it. I figure that I’ve just got to stay contemplative.

No comments:

Post a Comment