Sunday, September 1, 2013

Love Somebody - Maroon 5 Music Video

I was driving around town back home in Hawai'i listening to the radio with a friend. This song came up and she started to describe the music video and how they used paint in it. I thought it was an interesting idea but never got around to actually watching the music video until recently. 

Wow! I felt like my mind was being blown. I loved how only the painted parts of their body were shown and it gave a different perspective on a music video that could have easily been dull and boring. As the song goes on, Adam Levine, the lead singer starts to rub the paint over his body, exposing more of himself. I thought it was such a great symbol for the song itself. The lyrics go, 'I really want to touch somebody...' and how they interpreted that literally was awesome. 
While watching it, I thought that they used a green screen and maybe painted their bodies the same color and then with another color of paint on top of that. And when they started to rub the paint to erase it of themselves, I thought they reversed the footage. So they were actually putting more paint on, but in reverse, it looked like it was coming off. 
I was happy to find that there was a making of video. They actually used blue paint and a white backdrop then made it black and white. Maybe they overexposed the whites so that it looked as if those areas weren't there. It was neat to see and I am glad I finally got a chance to watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment