Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Arrow


 

I've heard quite a bit about this show even though the fan base isn't very large. As a DC comics reader I was a little hesitant to watch Arrow.  I've read about Green Arrow and love his character very much  and love the chemistry between him and Black Canary. I didn't some show off the CW to ruin it for me and give non comic readers false information.

I broke down today and decided to watch the pilot episode and see what the hype was about.

It was a good start! the fighting was excellent and the story is interesting but there were things that could have been out of the show. (for instance Oliver Queen has never had a sister...)

If anyone has seen this show, tell me about it.

yup...

2 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of the show and have followed it since the beginning! I am more of a fan of Marvel comics however, I like DC as well. Green arrow is possibly one of my favorites from DC. The show is getting better... Its not exact but, what do you expect from a TV series. (Unless it was written by Joss ;) hint Marvel's Agent of Shield!!) Also who doesn't Love John Barrowman who plays Malcolm Merlyn (aka the man who plays Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who). Alex Kingston also plays in arrow (aka River Song also from Doctor Who)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've watched it from the beginning too. I know it replaced the CW's superhero show Smallville, and I'm happy they took the route they did with this show. I would've been happier if they had used the Aquaman show that I have the pilot for, but nobody else likes Aquaman. It's definitely a darker and grittier style of Green Arrow, but it plays well to a more realistic scenario for a powerless superhero, I think. I would highly recommend watching the new season when it comes back on October 9th.

    ReplyDelete