Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Kings of Summer


The other day I saw my sister watching this movie and she told me I should watch it. I decided to watch the trailer and after I saw it I knew it was going to be a movie I was going to love. It was already 3am but I watched it right then and it was one of the best movies I have ever seen.
It is about this teenager that doesn't get along with his dad and decides to run away to the woods and build a house out there. He gets a few friends and they build a cabin out in the woods and when they finish they leave their homes behind and go to the woods to be their own me
n.
This is a film that I think everybody can really identify with. Not getting along with parents and the desire for freedom and to be off on your own with no one to answer to but yourself. Its something we have all gone through at one time.
Its also one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Nick Offerman is the father and he is a sarcastic, rude, mean, hilarious man. But the best character of the film was one of the boys that ran away with them named Biaggio. He is quite eccentric and he is easily the funniest character.

 I would recommend this movie to anybody. It is one of my favorite movies, second only to The Shawshank Redemption.  

No comments:

Post a Comment