Sunday, December 8, 2013

▲Myosis // ATMOSPHERE BLOG #4▲

▲Myosis // ATMOSPHERE BLOG #4▲

This is the fourth and final blog in my four part atmosphere blog series. In this blog I will be talking about an animation called "Myosis" which I showed in my presentation, but you can watch it again here.


This animation is absolutely beautiful. The style is almost exactly what I want in an animation. The story is also fantastic and draws out a lot of emotion in such a short time. As far as atmosphere goes, I think this relies most on color to convey the feel of it. The warm red against blue mixing into purple, which might represent the mixture of emotions and internal conflict the main character has about leaving his love. 

Sound and Music also was crucial in the old of this short film. It was very calming and beautiful at first, but then it grew more intense as the story climaxed. I haven't found out a way to incorporate pacing in relation to achieving atmosphere, so maybe it isn't one of the main factors. I'll have to keep thinking about it, but this is the last blog I'm going to do on that matter.

If you read my blogs I appreciate it, and if not, it's no surprise. Everyone is rushing right now to get blogs down, so blogs are just getting buried.

~Josiah▲

No comments:

Post a Comment