Sunday, December 8, 2013

Another Bad Messiah...Or Good

All that talk about the Matrix really had me thinking about symbolism and Christ's characteristics being depicted in Hollywood films today. One that clearly shows this symbolism is Man of Steel. I thought Man of Steel was a great movie, not just because I like comic book movies, but because I thought the story was good. However, each time I see it, I find new traits that really depict Superman as Christ.The fact that Zach Snyder also accepts that it is hard not to think of Superman as an image of Christ in the movie because it is all s clear. Coming to earth from another place, having two fathers; one on earth and one from where he came from, living on earth for thirty-three years, putting his life on the line to save the world etc. all depict Jesus Christ and His life in Superman. Even when Superman floats out of the spaceship to save Lois Lane, he spreads his arms out like Jesus did on the cross and before that Jor-El says "You can save them... You can save all of them" (this always sends shivers down my spine!). I think it is just amazing to observe how close Hollywood heroes can depict the nature and story of Jesus Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment