Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Prince Of Egypt

A few hours ago I just watched Dreamworks' The Prince Of Egypt. I was contemplating how Moses would have actually reacted to finding out he was a Hebrew. The movie did a great job showing his confused and overwhelmed state. He dashes to the temples and searches the pictographs for answers; only to find the horrible truth of how Pharo ordered the death of thousands.

I felt very moved by the music this time around. I was at least 8 since I'd last seen it. The music was so beautifully orchestrated and the vocals very empowering. I will admit it almost made my eyes water. It amazes me how movie scores can yield that powerful effect.

I was also impressed by the combination of 2D and 3D animation that occurred. It was made in 1999 and it still looks like it could have been made a few years ago. I loved the "smoke/mist" effects used in the first plague of turning the Nile to blood and the tenth plague of the angel of death. My overall impression of the movie, Simply captivating...

1 comment:

  1. My favorite shot in this film is when you can see the huge fish through the wall of water when they're crossing the Red Sea. Simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete