Wednesday, September 18, 2013

FEAR

They say that humans are naturally born with two fears: the fear of loud noises and the fear of height. One of my biggest fears is failure. I’m afraid of failure and I’m sure many of you fear this as well. This makes me wonder at what moment in life we develop this fear because according to science we are not born with it. Do we develop it when we are unable to tie our shoes in first grade? Maybe. Every time I close my eyes I picture my perfect life but then I open my eyes and see so many obstacles in front of me. The voice inside my head tells me that I can do it however society tells me otherwise.

We live in a society where everything we do will never be enough. Hence, everything we do must be in order to please us, not society. Yes, we are in the media business and our goal is to make people happy and I agree with that however we need to work for a cause not for applause. When working on a new project don’t think about fame and public appeal, let your project be driven by your passion and your love for art. Making other people happy is not as important as making yourself happy. Artists are like jesters in this world. We are here to entertain everyone but, what about us? When do we get to express ourselves?  The answer to that question is up to each one of us.

1 comment:

  1. "Yes, we are in the media business and our goal is to make people happy and I agree with that however we need to work for a cause not for applause."

    Well stated Panthelys. Delight AND Challenge.

    ReplyDelete